Amazon's Worldwide Operations Employee Relations (ER) team is looking for a Communications Strategist to support the development of a positive employee experience for all while centering employee feedback in programmatic development. This individual will have a demonstrated passion for building innovative new programs for Associates and leaders. The Employee Relations team is responsible for reducing risk to the business by deploying programs to empower the next generation of high-performing, Associate-centric frontline leaders. Our programs are global in scale and we continually innovate to transform and improve the employee experience. Candidates must have a successful record of building new programs, improving existing portfolios and executing at scale.
The Communications Strategist will play a critical role in advancing our mission. You will join a tight-knit team of ER professionals, including former HR, operational, program and legal leaders and will help shape the culture and direction of this team. You will be supporting Amazon's Worldwide Operations portfolio, and have impact on the daily work of over 600k+ Amazonians.
In this role you will manage, build, and grow programs that impact many different workforce populations (associates, drivers, corporate employees, etc.). You will deliver reports that provide critical context and build understanding of our employee's needs, wants and concerns to business leaders. You will work across operational, HR and tech teams to build scalable infrastructure to support the growth and expansion of your program across business lines and regions. Using this outside-in perspective and data, you will recommend scalable solutions and mechanisms to improve the employee experience at Amazon. This role is a thought leader regarding trends in digital publishing, convergence media and social communities. You are an expert in the execution of cross-portfolio programs that strongly support the organization's overall goals and best position the organization with key stakeholders and members.
• Identify opportunities to move manual data pulls to automated integration;
• Build executive dashboards to capture real-time data on key issues and topics;
• Leverage AI and natural language processing to broaden our understanding of employee experience;
• Develop data capture processes for manual or off-line channels;
• Collaborate with internal and external communications teams to expand the program deliverables;
• Build client on-boarding processes and develop SOPs for delivery of reports.
• Lead and support the development of innovative strategies in all phases of implementation including data collection, automation and reporting
• Influence executive project sponsors, business leaders, and development teams across the company
• Partner across enterprise teams for solution execution
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, and collaboration across multiple stakeholder groups
• Ensure cleanliness and management of large, complex data sets
• Perform analyses of external and internal data and findings to provide key insights and actionable recommendations for the enterprise
• High-judgment and self-motivated communications expert with deep expertise and experience in social and digital communications channels
• High adaptability with a passion for continual learning within a fast paced environment
• Manage subjectivity by creating tried and tested methodologies for data collection and decision frameworks that allow leaders and key stakeholders to trust your outputs and recommendations
• A proven track record of creating and leveraging listening, analytics and reporting programs that raise awareness of your target audience's likes, needs and concerns
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Bachelors or Masters in Communication, Marketing, Employee Engagement or other relevant field
• 7-10 years of relevant experience in social listening, digital marketing, public relations, employee engagement
• Experience working with cross-functional technical teams
The role can be based in Seattle, Nashville or at one of our regional office locations. Virtual Location could be considered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.