The AWS Robotics organization aims to simplify or eliminate the common undifferentiated heavy lifting that all robotics developers face when trying to build their robot applications. To date we have launched RoboMaker a service for development, hosted simulation and robot fleet management. We have contributed to making Robot Operating System 2 (ROS 2), an open source framework that aims to standardize robot development patterns, a production grade platform that companies can depend on for their robotic applications. We've open sourced more than 40 GitHub repositories, 14 ROS packages that extend AWS services to Robots, examples include: video streaming, metrics, log collection and many more to come. We are seeking system development engineers to provide our customers a best in class experience with open source software. You'll produce the frameworks and patterns that the entire robotics community will look to as the example of how to manage, test and build open source ROS software.
The successful Systems Development Engineer will be passionate, energetic, with a fast moving sense of urgency around designing, building, and implementing automation across our services. The ideal candidate will have experience and talent for solving complex problems of scalability and availability in massively distributed systems, and responsible for automation at scale.
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We're looking for a teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, and will contribute positively to our inclusive team culture. We're committed to your growth and development. Our team has all experience levels and Amazon tenures, and your growth is supported by our senior engineers who truly enjoy mentoring. You will be working on complex projects that will challenge you and further develop you a well-rounded engineer.
Maintaining a work-life balance is important to us. Although we keep core work hours between 10 am and 4 pm, we are flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. In AWS, we operate what we build, and we have a modest on-call rotation where you'll participate about once every two months.
• Automate tasks (release, test and build) through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
• Be a technology evangelist and use your deep knowledge to solve business problems
• Be responsible for delivering automation for some of our most strategic technical projects in AWS.
• Drive specifying, designing, and implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments.
• Develop and improve existing application and system management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency.
• Evangelize the patterns you've developed across the open source community both inside Amazon and externally
• 3-5 years of software industry experience
• 3+ years of systems/infrastructure software (DevOps).
• Experience in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C/C++ or Python
• 3+ years of experience working in a UNIX/Linux and Windows environment.
• Experience in managing and developing applications in cloud environments (Preferably AWS)
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation