Amazon introduced the first Kindle in 2007 -- at that time, it offered 90,000 eBooks and sold out 5.5 hours after the announcement. Since then, we have expanded to become the best-selling e-reader family in the world. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and more recently Amazon Echo and Alexa, the voice service that powers Echo and other devices so customers can play music, control their smart homes, and get information, news, weather, and more, using just their voice.
Our team is improving the setup experience of Amazon and Third Party Alexa enabled devices -- just like those above -- through a collection of SDKs and Cloud Services that simplifies the steps necessary to bring a brand-new device online.
QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QA Engineers use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. Software QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. Software QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. Software QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
We're looking for the following attributes in a candidate:
• You are a sharp, experienced quality assurance engineer with strong problem-solving skills, solid software testing foundation.
• You are an individual with strong drive for results, good interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• You should be capable of understanding complex systems and developing the tools/automation to test the same.
• You should be able to continuously raise the bar for QAE practices by establishing and documenting procedures which are applicable company-wide.
• You influence other team members to embrace best practices.
At a strategic level, our QA team will help drive the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies. The QA team will also drive efficiencies in the QA process and invest appropriately in process changes, automation, tools etc., to reduce the overall QA effort for the product. The goal of our QA team is to build a comprehensive test suite that will be utilized to validate the solution in a scalable and repeatable manner. The QA team identifies use cases and creates test plans, defines test strategies and creates test cases to validate software design via manual and automated tests.
• Work with Product & Development teams to design and implement Test Strategy to deliver quality software product.
• Implement Test Automation leveraging test automation frameworks while driving processes to reduce manual test coverage.
• Define Quality Metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the software.
• Ensure our products meet high standards of quality, performance, Security, and reliability.
• Help tackle cross-platform engineering challenges and contribute creative ideas to the engineering teams.
• Help writing test plans, test cases, and provide suggestion in improving the QA processes.
• Review and critique of technical requirements and software design specifications and software implementation.
• BE/Masters in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
• Min 7+ years of QA experience
• Solid hands-on experience in Java/Perl/Python based automation and/or user-level Automation tools/utilities such as Selenium
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
• Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
• Have experience owning QA for large scale systems
• Experience in testing devices
• Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules.
• Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem solving skills.
• Driven to provide the best customer experience via technology
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age